Can You Drink Cold Brew Concentrate Straight?
If you’re a fan of coffee, you may have heard of cold brew concentrate. It’s a concentrated form of coffee that’s brewed with cold water, giving it a smooth, bold flavor. But can you drink cold brew concentrate straight?
The short answer is no. Cold brew concentrate is incredibly strong, and drinking it straight could be dangerous. However, almost nobody drinks cold brew concentrate straight. It’s usually cut with more water, ice, or even milk or alt milk, which pushes the caffeine content of a single serving back down to the normal range for a typical cup of coffee.
So, why should you consider cold brew concentrate? Let’s take a look at the benefits of this unique form of coffee.
The Benefits of Cold Brew Concentrate
1. Rich Flavor: Cold brew concentrate has a rich, bold flavor that can’t be replicated with other brewing methods.
2. Low Acidity: Cold brew concentrate is much less acidic than regular coffee, making it easier on your stomach.
3. Longer Shelf Life: Cold brew concentrate can last up to two weeks in the refrigerator, making it a great option for busy people who don’t have time to brew coffee every day.
4. Cost Savings: Cold brew concentrate is much more cost-effective than buying pre-made coffee drinks.
5. Versatility: Cold brew concentrate can be used to make a variety of drinks, from iced coffee to espresso martinis.
How to Make Cold Brew Concentrate
Making cold brew concentrate is easy and requires just a few simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
Coarsely ground coffee
A French press or mason jar
A fine-mesh strainer
To make cold brew concentrate, simply combine the coffee and water in the French press or mason jar and stir. Then, let the mixture steep for 12-24 hours. Finally, strain the mixture through the fine-mesh strainer and enjoy!
The Bottom Line
Cold brew concentrate is a delicious and convenient way to enjoy coffee. While it’s not recommended to drink it straight, you can enjoy it by cutting it with water, ice, or milk. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be used to make a variety of drinks. So, why not give cold brew concentrate a try?